Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mortalkenshi2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
to fix frets on fire to work on the mac you need to do the following:

1) download frets on fire latest version for mac
2) right click go to package contents
3) go to contents/
4) locate the resources folder and delete it
5) replace it with this resources folder and presto you should have a working latest version of fof.

EDIT: how do i upload a file??
EDIT: I tried this and it didn't work so i replaced it with a new way to fix it! this one should work as i tested it 3 times!!

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
I'd like to get it working as well. Though I hear it's still no substitute for Guitar Hero.

also please post links where to get the game from and any sites that list song mods for the game :)

asdasd616

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
Did you compile this yourself? FoF doesn't start on intel natively with this but it does start, goes to a black screen, using rosetta so it seems to be PPC only.

Do the Guitar Hero song packs work? With the solutions to replace _amanith.so FoF couldn't see the difficulties.

mortalkenshi2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
what do you mean the folder?

no i didn't i took it from the last working version that had RF Mod. This worked for me so I hope it works for others. If it works let me know

marioman38

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Try replacing your "_amanith.so" file w/ the one from Here.

/Applications/Frets\ on\ Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_amanith.so

Also make sure you have replaced the font with the chalkboard one.

In the Applications folder, right click "Frets On Fire" and select "Show Package Contents".

From the new window, browse to Contents/Resources/data, then select default.ttf and do File->Duplicate.

Next, in another Finder window, navigate to /Library/Fonts (not in your home directory, but from your hard drive root), copy Chalkboard.tff and paste it into the other Finder's directory.

Rename that new Chalkboard.tff to default.ttf, and you're done!

Just got it working last night (Intel) :)

Reactions: Lifeboats

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
Try replacing your "_amanith.so" file w/ the one from Here.

/Applications/Frets\ on\ Fire.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.4/lib-dynload/_amanith.so

Also make sure you have replaced the font with the chalkboard one.

In the Applications folder, right click "Frets On Fire" and select "Show Package Contents".

From the new window, browse to Contents/Resources/data, then select default.ttf and do File->Duplicate.

Next, in another Finder window, navigate to /Library/Fonts (not in your home directory, but from your hard drive root), copy Chalkboard.tff and paste it into the other Finder's directory.

Rename that new Chalkboard.tff to default.ttf, and you're done!

Just got it working last night (Intel) :)

Tried all this on my Mac mini (Core Solo)-but didn't work. Still get a black screen.

yogdude

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
woe

:eek::eek::eek::apple::apple::(:(:confused: the menu and all the settings and stuff menus work but i cant seem to start the tutorial without it crashing same with starting the actual thing! help???:eek::eek::eek::mad:

quickslash

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2008
Not for me either

sup. i just downloaded it and everything u said and the title screen came up and everything. I hit Play Game and a thing came up that said, "list index out of range". Can u help me?
Email me if u can help - ryan.chaffin@yahoo.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.